Available for purchase!

Musings of the Mad Volume I: Every Stitch Tells a Story Purchase Page





Thursday, October 17, 2013

From the Ashes

From the debris and
From the ashes
The Phoenix will rise
Though not the same as before
Tarnished feathers
Burned at the tips
Create a permanent reminder of
Horrors that can't be unseen
But now looked upon with the
Proverbial bird's eye view
A change of perspective
To offer peace
In a milieu of emotion.

Through newly acquired wisdom
The mundane will fall away
In the sunrise of a new world
Burnished eyes
Grim with determination
Take flight to the unknown
Soaring away into joy
Leaving behind all concept of "down"
It cannot be known from where this admiration springs
For the Phoenix flies beyond its reach
With knowledge of the universe
A gift imparted to those left behind
The greatest lesson ever learned

Wings are not needed to soar into joy.

1 comment:

  1. Adam, I lost a little girl sixteen years ago, and this does indeed speak to my journey. There is so much joy in having been her mother... and yes, I grieve, but the things I learned from her have enriched my life in ways I cannot describe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete